The Pros and Cons of Offering Free Shipping: What Every Ecommerce Business Should Know
Offering free shipping can be a great way to attract customers and boost sales for ecommerce businesses, but it is important to consider the pros and cons before making the decision to implement it. Here are some of the key pros and cons to consider for ecommerce businesses in 2023:
- Increased sales: Offering free shipping can make it more appealing for customers to make a purchase, and can also make it more likely for customers to add more items to their cart.
- Improved customer satisfaction: Free shipping can also improve customer satisfaction by eliminating unexpected shipping costs at checkout. This can lead to increased customer loyalty and repeat purchases.
- Competitive advantage: Offering free shipping can give your ecommerce business a competitive advantage over other online stores that charge for shipping.
- Increased conversion rates: Free shipping can increase conversion rates by reducing shopping cart abandonment.
- Increased costs: Offering free shipping can increase costs for the business, as shipping costs will need to be absorbed into the product pricing or business overhead.
- Reduced profit margins: If not implemented correctly, offering free shipping can lead to reduced profit margins.
- Difficult to implement for small businesses: Small businesses may find it difficult to offer free shipping as they may have limited resources and budget.
- Can lead to abuse: Free shipping can sometimes lead to abuse from customers who take advantage of the offer, without making a purchase or returning items.
In conclusion, offering free shipping can be a great way to boost sales and customer satisfaction for ecommerce businesses, but it is important to carefully consider the pros and cons, and evaluate if it is the right strategy for your business in 2023. It's important to think about the financial and operational aspects of it and how it can help to reach your business objectives.
ICRM Ecommerce makes it easy to change the shipping method for your ecommerce store. The platform offers a user-friendly interface that allows you to easily manage and update your shipping settings. Here are the steps to change the shipping method in ICRM Ecommerce:
Log in to the ICRM Ecommerce admin dashboard.
Go to the "Settings" section and select "Shipping."
From there, you can add, edit, or delete shipping methods as needed. You can choose from a variety of options such as flat rate, weight based, or free shipping.
You can also configure shipping zone, shipping classes, and shipping methods specific to that zone or class.
Once you have made your changes, click "Save" to update your shipping settings.
You can test your shipping methods by creating test orders and check the shipping method on the order details page.
You can also check the shipping statistics for each shipping method to see which one is more cost-effective and which one is more popular among customers.
Overall, ICRM Ecommerce's shipping management system is easy to use and allows you to customize your shipping settings to suit your business needs. The platform provides a flexibility to change the shipping method easily and test the effectiveness of different shipping methods.